- Total Time
3 hrs min.
- 45 min
- Spatula, Muffin tins, Mixing bowls, Mixer, Whisker
- Oven, Fridge, Stove
- 1/3 cup of fine sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipped cream
- 3/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- mix 1 teaspoon espresso powder with 1 teaspoon cocoa powder (dusting)
- 1 1/3 cups of vanilla flavor cake mix
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/3 cups of fine sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cups of egg yolks
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 1/4 cups of mascarpone cheese
- 1 3/4 cups heavy whipped cream
(for soaking the cakes)
- 1/2 cup of espresso liquid
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua liqueur
- The Sabayon Custard
- Start with whisking the 2 egg yolks in a heat proof bowl. Bring the
mixed egg yolks over a pot with hot water on stove.
- Add a cup of sugar, then continue to mix for 10 minutes.
- Notice thickening of sauce, stop to let cool.
- 1 1/4 cups of mascarpone cheese add into the bowl 1.
- In separate bowl 2, whisk 1 3/4 cups of heavy whipped cream
till peaks, then slowly fold in bowl 1.
- Cupcake (pre-heat oven 350°F/180°C)
- Whisk all dry ingredients together, then whisk in the 2 eggs.
- Add 1/2 cup of whole milk, do not over mix.
- Add vanilla extract, then fill the muffin tins half full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, let sit 10 min after finish.
- Coffee (for soaking)
- Mix all ingredients, then use a brush lightly brush on cupcakes.
- Spread custard evenly on top of cupcakes, chill till frosting.
- In a large bowl whisk together mascarpone, sugar.
- In another bowl whisk heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold them together and immediately frost the cupcakes.
- Dust the powder mix on top.
- - Keep eggs and milk at room temperature for better cake rise!
- If possible, don't substitute the espresso with instant coffee.
- Chill after the assembling, store in container in fridge up to three days.