Is NOT always about
- Rational Process
Is influenced by
- Assessment of Evidence
- Alternate Possibilities
Team ignores a genuine problem!
Are you sure you're right?
- Double check facts
- Perform deeper investigation
- You don't want to end up fighting for a non-issue.
Are you sure they are ignoring the problem?
- Is it a very time consuming issue?
- Is it moved to backlog or moved to won't fix?
Things to do from start?
- Don't assume your mission
- Have a conversation with your team
- Do people see you as competent?
- Can they trust you?
- Never tell lies
- Be in control of your emotions
Protocol for Sounding Alarms
- Slack Channel
- Meetings / MiP
- Meetings with the people on course of action
- Meetings with key people in
Making case in a different way
- With Reason
With Vivid Examples
- People like stories
- Come up with plausible scenarios of bad things
- Of Influential Voices
- Build Connections
- Know people from customer service
Fire and (mostly) forget
- Let them think about it
- Give them space
- Periodically check in about longstanding problems
Power is best used backwards
- Use power as little as possible
- Use power to make people feel more powerful
- Credits: James Bach, Satisfice
Mindmap by: Rahul Parwal